27.6.11

Meet 'N Greet With Britney

Britney Spears with US Marines
Britney Spears was a big fan of the spoof of her song, “Hold It Against Me,” done by members of the HMLA-169 Marines. The video, shot in Afghanistan, featured members of the Marines lip-synching and dancing to the Spears hit.
In May, Spears told E! Online’s Marc Malkin she wanted to invite the members of the HMLA-169 and VMM-266 REIN to her Femme Fatale tour after seeing the video on YouTube.
She said: "I was so moved by the 'Hold It Against Me' video that the Marines of HMLA-169 and VMM-266 REIN made in Afghanistan. It warmed my heart to see our nation's soldiers enjoying themselves to my music. I am honored to have them as guests at my concert this summer. I hope they like my show as much as I loved theirs."
Access Hollywood reported, on Friday, as promised, Spears, 29, met with the troops before her show in Anaheim, California.
“So honored to meet the marines of HMLA-169 'Vipers' who made that amazing HIAM video,” she wrote on her Twitter page. Attached, was a photo showing a show-ready Spears dressed in a pink robe and white boots, surrounded by nine casually dressed Marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment