6.10.11

Emma Watson Talks Britney

Emma Watson Talks Britney
Emma Watson's attempt at a light-hearted haircut joke might have deserved a moment's contemplation before she spilled it to Elle U.K. for their November 2011 issue.

On the topic of cutting her hair, Emma said "I'd never been allowed to cut my hair off, so I just seized the first opportunity. It wasn't meant to be rebellious - it certainly wasn't my Britney Spears moment." Watson undoubtedly has a more light-hearted experience with the entertainment industry than Spears, with all the wand waving and magic hats, yet her reasoning for cutting her hair may be closer to a "Britney Spears" moment than she realizes.  It seems Watson didn't cut her hair to simply give it a try. Watson also says in Elle: "I find L.A. quite scary - all those young people having plastic surgery...I don't want to look like everyone else." 

Sheila Marikar took an in-depth look at Britney's actions in her article "Bald and Broken: Inside Britney's Shaved Head". In this article, Bethany Marshall, a psychoanalyst, deconstructed Britney's hairdo as having deeper roots than just those found in her scalp - "I think the shaving of her hair is a fresh start...in her own maybe distorted way, it's getting rid of the superficial and getting down to something deeper."

No comments:

Post a Comment